Professional Teeth Whitening at Pearl Smile Dentists
ICON Tooth Whitening
ICON treatment is a non-invasive approach to improve the appearance of teeth – removing white’s spots or a mottled appearance. It removes marks, making them a uniform colour without covering the tooth’s natural surface. What’s more, it doesn’t use any drilling or injections.
This is done by first applying an ICON gel to the tooth to open up pores, to enable the penetration of the resin. Once this is rinsed off and dried, the ICON infiltrant resin is applied – this is light-cured and blocks acid, helping to preserve the tooth from additional decay. Finally, this is removed to give you instant and amazing results.
Request A Free Teeth Whitening Consultation
- Restore uniformity to white-spotted or mottled teeth
- Boost your confidence in your smile
- Quick – it only takes around 15 minutes per tooth
- Minimally invasive
- Simple and painless
- No recovery time – as no drilling or filling is required
- Reliable results
- Safe to use
Our specialist dentists – Dr Nehal and Dr Bhavsar are trained to use microabrasion treatments such as Opalustra and ICON to remove white spots on teeth.
What Causes White Marks?
- Trauma or illness as a child
- Fluorosis – when too much fluoride is connsumed as a child when adult teeth are developing
- Decalcification of the enamel – loss of minerals from the enamel due to poor brushing and build up of plaque acids on the enamel surface
- Lack of brushing whilst having braces – It can also occur during if there is a lack of brushing around braces brackets
- Problems or illness during pregnancy/premature birth
- Poor Oral Hygiene
- Diet that is high in sugar
- Health conditions such as Coeliac Disease, Acid Reflux and Tetracycline