Please stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms
Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
HELP US TO KEEP US, YOU AND OTHERS SAFE. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS PROTOCOL IF YOU HAVE BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT AND YOU ARE ATTENDING THE PRACTICE
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Online forms filled out. Sent to you 2 days prior your appointment by a text and email
- Wear a face mask or cloth covering e.g. scarf, handkerchief including any child over the age of 8 you will be turned away if you don’t do so.
- Attend on your own unless you require a carer. Children must be accompanied by one parent or guardian only.
- Use the toilet at home before you set off
- Brush your teeth. will not be allowing last minute brushings at the practice during this pandemic to avoid cross contamination;
- Keep belongings to a minimum. If you have a hang bag or rucksack, please do not place it on the waiting room/ surgery floor. Belongings keep in your laps in the waiting room,
- If possible, pay over the phone before you arrive
- If you suffer from hay fever, then please take an antihistamine and other medicament as directed by your doctor to reduce sneezing episodes
- cough or sneeze: cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, throw used tissues in the bin and ask us for new gloves. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Call us when you outside the practice, do not enter until we notify you.
IN THE PRACTICE
- Upon arrival, undertake temperature check , we will check your temperature upon arrival using a non-contact thermometer. If your temperature is over 37.8 degrees your appointment will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Use hand gel on entering
- Observe signage and markings to help you keep your distance
- Respect the markings indicated you don’t cross the margins and stay along that path
Give way to other persons when entering and leaving the practice.
- Use contactless CARD payment method if you did not pay over the phone
- Coat door hooks will no longer be used, use the blue box in surgery to place your belongings
- In surgery with the dentist and nurse please respect the markings
- We currently have set time limit of for patient assessments. Please restrict any questions to the problem you have come in for that day. Additional questions can be directed to your dentist by email or telephone.
- Avoid placing your fingers inside your mouth to point to the offending tooth, please try and provide a verbal description of it instead for cross infection reasons
- You may be asked to swill with a hydrogen peroxide solution
- We will direct you to one of our reception team members in order to finalise the check-out process and make further appointments as necessary;
- If after 14 days of your appointment you develop any symptoms related to Covid-19 such as cough and high temperature, you must contact the practice to inform us.
The whole team at Pearl Smile are working hard to ensure that your visit to the dental practice will be a pleasant, effective, and most importantly a safe experience.
Many of the procedures and protocols that were routinely part of safe delivery of dental care are already well developed and practiced.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have upgraded many of these routines to ensure that we are offering you the latest in safe dental environments. The risk of virus particle contamination is managed carefully in all areas of the practice.
AIR PURIFIERS – RADIC8
We’re helping to protect our patients and staff with the Radic8 VirusKiller air purifier which offers the highest levels of air purification for our dental practice. Reaching over 99.99% sterilisation rate, the Radic8 system draws in and filters out harmful bacteria, viruses and volatile organic compounds, to disperse cleaner, safer air, quickly and quietly. The have been installed in all our surgeries and waiting room.
DENTAL-ISOLATION ORAL SUCTION – ISOVAC
Our chairs have always been fitted with high volume suction systems. Where appropriate, you may also have the Isovac® system used. Isovac® is a dental isolation adapter designed to isolate two quadrants at once, simultaneously providing tongue and cheek retraction, along with continuous suction. This will improve safety, and comfort and further reduce aerosol spray.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
All dental staff have upgraded their personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with current recommendations and evidence. We apologise in advance for the necessary reduction in social interaction that this will necessitate. Whilst our garb may make us appear impersonal and distant, please be assured we are still the same friendly team underneath it all!
We are especially mindful that most dental treatments are aerosol-generating procedures (AGP’s). It is almost impossible for us to carry out meaningful dental procedures without generation of some level of aerosol. Aerosol suspended in the air is a potential source of infection which we wish to keep to a minimum.
Our new masks FFP2 and FFP3 masks filter 94% and 99% respectively of airborne particles in both directions (patient to clinician and clinician to patient).
Our Dentists wear 3M Versaflow a powered Air Purifying Respirator and alternative to FF3 mask. A High efficiency filter captures hazardous dust, mist and fumes with options for nuisance level gases or vapours.
As a consequence of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) necessary for the safe delivery of treatments enforced by the Covid-19 pandemic, there will be a small surcharge on the PPE for any private treatment provided. This will be made known to you prior to your appointment. Pearl Smile is committed that this surcharge will be based on the average cost of PPE, and that will be available for your reference on your itemised bill.
PATIENT PORTAL- ONLINE FORMS
We have introduced a paperless way get all the dental forms filled prior attending the practice. Your automatic appointment reminders now contain a link for you to complete your forms online. You login using your surname and date of birth, the links are unique which makes them secure. From the portal you are able to complete the forms on your own device from the comfort of your own home.
The completed forms are saved in your patient portal for you to access at any time.
Once you have completed your forms they are automatically saved to your patient file at the Practice. If you are unable to access these forms, please inform us before the appointment so we can arrange for these to be updated
At Pearl Smile we are determined that your experiences under our care continue to be effective, reassuring and safe as possible.
Thank you for your understanding.
Dr Bhavsar & Dr Jassi