The latest information on symptoms of COVID-19 (Coronovirus) infection and areas where recent travel may have resulted in a high risk of exposure can be found on nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Please stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms
Stay at home if you have either:
- – a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- – a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- – loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
The whole team at Pearl Smile are working hard to ensure that your visit to the dental practice will be a pleasant, effective, and most importantly a safe experience. Many of the procedures and protocols that were routinely part of safe delivery of dental care are already well developed and practiced.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have upgraded many of these routines to ensure that we are offering you the latest in safe dental environments. The risk of virus particle contamination is managed carefully in all areas of the practice.
As per the Chief Dental Officer’s recommendations, the sequencing and scheduling of patients for treatment as services resume will take into account:
- – The urgency of needs.
- – The particular unmet needs of vulnerable people;
- – Available capacity to undertake activity.
Check-ups and cosmetic work, we have not forgotten about you but we will have to work through the list of patients as above.
If you think you require urgent care please ring the practice during working hours and you will be advised about the next stage.
HELP US TO KEEP US, YOU AND OTHERS SAFE. PLEASE FOLLOW THIS PROTOCOL IF YOU HAVE BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT AND YOU ARE ATTENDING THE PRACTICE
What you need to bring: Mask, pen and card.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Wear a face mask or cloth covering e.g. scarf, handkerchief including any child over the age of 8 you will be turned away if you don’t do so.
- Attend on your own unless you require a carer. Children must be accompanied by one parent or guardian only.
- Bring your own pen to sign any paperwork, as we will no longer allow sharing of pens
- Use the toilet at home before you set off
- Brush your teeth. will not be allowing last minute brushings at the practice during this pandemic to avoid cross contamination;
- Keep belongings to a minimum. If you have a hang bag or rucksack, please do not place it on the waiting room/ surgery floor. Belongings keep in your laps in the waiting room,
- Patient portal will be available for patients to fill out forms, medical history and make payments online, along with a full COVID 19 questionnaire.
- If possible, pay over the phone before you arrive
- If you suffer from hay fever, then please take an antihistamine and other medicament as directed by your doctor to reduce sneezing episodes
- cough or sneeze: cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, throw used tissues in the bin and ask us for new gloves. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Call us when you outside the practice, do not enter until we notify you.
IN THE PRACTICE
- Upon arrival, undertake temperature check, we will check your temperature upon arrival using a non-contact thermometer. If your temperature is over 37.8 degrees your appointment will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Use hand gel on entering
- Wear gloves that will be provide that should be worn throughout your visit.
- Observe signage and markings to help you keep your distance
- Respect the markings indicated you don’t cross the margins and stay along that path
Give way to other persons when entering and leaving the practice.
- Use contactless CARD payment method if you did not pay over the phone
- Fill out COVID questionnaire
- Coat door hooks will no longer be used, use the blue box in surgery to place your belongings
- In surgery with the dentist and nurse please respect the markings
- We currently have set time limit of for patient assessments. Please restrict any questions to the problem you have come in for that day. Additional questions can be directed to your dentist by email or telephone.
- Avoid placing your fingers inside your mouth to point to the offending tooth, please try and provide a verbal description of it instead for cross infection reasons
- You may be asked to swill with a hydrogen peroxide solution
- We will direct you to one of our reception team members in order to finalise the check-out process and make further appointments as necessary;
- If after 14 days of your appointment you develop any symptoms related to COVID-19 such as cough and high temperature, you must contact the practice to inform us.
At Pearl Smile we are determined that your experiences under our care continue to be effective, reassuring and safe as possible.
Thank you very much for your cooperation during these difficult times.
Pearl Smile Dental Team